The seven life insurance policies and riders offered by AAA Life Insurance let you tailor your coverage to your unique needs and budget. It’s possible, though, that certain competitors will provide cheaper prices based on the type of insurance you select. See what AAA Insurance has to offer in our AAA Life Insurance Review.
The criteria used by other insurers to determine the best costs or eligibility for coverage are also employed by us. However, you may sidestep the medical exam with AAA’s guaranteed issue whole life plan, which frequently comes with lesser coverage limits.
However, whole life insurance coverage limits that are higher than those offered by AAA are available. AAA can provide quotes on a variety of insurance policies, so whether you’re searching for term or universal coverage, ask for one to see if it matches your needs and budget.
- Pros and Cons of AAA Life Insurance
- AAA life insurance rates
- How to get a quote from AAA life insurance
- AAA offers term and permanent life insurance
- AAA life insurance riders
- AAA Life Insurance Reviews are Good
- How AAA life insurance compares to other companies
- Bottom line
Pros and Cons of AAA Life Insurance
- Universal and term life insurance policies can provide coverage of up to $5 million.
- Prior to the age of 65, or the policy’s expiration date, non-permanent policies can be changed to whole life.
- It takes as little as 10 minutes to get ExpressTerm insurance when you buy it online.
- There’s no need to join AAA to use this service.
- Uncomplicated, yet very informative, website
- For the most part, you can’t apply for a plan online.
- The majority of insurance policies require that a medical checkup and health questionnaire be filled out.
- Unlike universal life insurance, guaranteed issue policies don’t pay out for the first two years of a person’s sickness and don’t cover medical expenses beyond that.
- This product isn’t available in New York.
AAA life insurance rates
For healthy male and females, we acquired AAA quotations for a $500,000 insurance policy with a 20-year term. In general, AAA’s insurance rates are still more expensive than the national average.
Factors that affect your rates
In determining your rate, a number of factors come into play, including the length of your policy, the quantity of coverage you have, and your health and lifestyle. As is common with most insurers, the applicants who pose the least risk receive the best rates, which are based on factors such as:
- Alcohol or drug abuse.
- DWIs or DUIs on your driving record.
- Family history of medical conditions.
- High blood pressure or BMI.
- High-risk hobbies or occupation.
- Tobacco or nicotine use.
How to get a quote from AAA life insurance
Seven easy steps will guide you through the application process on the internet. AAA Life Insurance Company, on the other hand, may be reached by calling (888) 422-7020.
- Visit the AAA term life insurance website and click on Get a Quote & Buy to begin the application process for ExpressTerm Life.
- Please include your full name, street address, phone number, and email address. Then click on the Next button to continue.
- Input your height, weight, nicotine intake, the number of covers you have, and the length of the term you intend to use. Choose View Your Quote from the drop-down menu.
- It is likely that you will be provided with a quotation. You can click Buy Now if you accept the policy’s terms and conditions.
- Follow the instructions and prompts to complete and submit your application.
- In around two minutes, you’ll discover if you’ve been approved or denied.
More information or a medical examination may be required for some applicants, resulting in a longer approval time.
- Your payment will be handled by AAA Life Insurance, and coverage will begin right away if you allow it.
AAA offers term and permanent life insurance
AAA offers a variety of life insurance policies, including term, whole, and universal.
- Term life. There are ten to thirty year terms available with coverage values ranging from $25,000 to over $5 million.
- Existence in all places and times. Long-term care insurance that protects and grows in value over time. Premiums can be guaranteed to stay the same or the death benefit can be adjusted. The bare minimum is $100,000 in insurance coverage.
- Throughout the course of my entire existence. Offers a set payment for lifelong protection that also accrues value over time. It covers amounts from $30,000 to $75,000, depending on your needs. AAA members can get a 10% discount on the base price.
- Whole Life Insurance. This policy, which waives the health questionnaire if you’re not qualified for regular whole life insurance, gives coverage up to $25,000.
AAA life insurance riders
There are several rider choices available with AAA Life Insurance, so you can make your policy your own.
- Accelerated death benefit. If you’re diagnosed with a terminal disease, the insurance company will pay a portion of your death benefit.
- Accidental death benefit rider. If you die as a result of the accident, an additional payment is sent to your designated beneficiary.
- Child rider. Protects your children from financial ruin by covering their last expenses with a single policy.
- Disability premium waiver rider. If you become totally unable to work, you will be responsible for making your monthly life insurance payments until you are no longer.
- Rider provides for guaranteed insurability. You won’t have to produce proof of insurability if you decide to increase your coverage later.
- Reintroduction of the premium rider. If you live over the term of your policy, you’ll get a refund of your premiums if you purchase this expensive add-on. If you buy this policy together with a standard term life insurance policy, you will be unable to add any additional riders.
- Rider involved in a travel accident. If you are killed or seriously injured in an accident while traveling, your beneficiary will get an additional sum of money.
- Riders waive premiums. You will not be charged premiums if you become disabled, and your coverage will stay current even if your needs change.
AAA Life Insurance Reviews are Good
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives AAA’s customer service an A+ rating. For an insurer of its size, it has a low complaint rate, indicating great customer service. AM Best gives AAA an “A” rating, suggesting the company is financially sound and will be able to cover its claims.
How AAA life insurance compares to other companies
In contrast to other businesses, AAA offers universal life and guaranteed entire life insurance coverage. If you purchase term life insurance for less than $500,000, you may be approved very immediately. Most regulations require an approval procedure that lasts three to four weeks before they go into effect.
Whole life and guaranteed issue insurance, on the other hand, are well covered by competitors. The premiums for AAA insurance are also higher than those for basic coverage.
AAA, for example, charges a healthy 30-year-old man $21 a month for a $150,000 term life insurance policy with a duration of 20 years. The same person pays, on average, $17 per month for a $250,000 term insurance policy that lasts for 20 years — slightly more coverage for a cheaper price than AAA.
Term and universal life insurance plans are by far AAA’s most popular offerings.
A medical exam is required for AAA’s high-value term life insurance, which can be converted to permanent life insurance.
To learn about even more options, check out our Bestow Life Insurance Review.