Depending on the policy, some of the death benefits offered by AIG Life Insurance can be as much as $1 million or more. One of the company’s seven different types of universal life insurance includes an investing option in the S&P 500.
AIG’s approval processes may be more onerous if you have a pre-existing ailment. As a result, if you’re looking for the greatest service, it may affect your decision.
If nothing else, it’s a strong contender due to its wide coverage, long duration, and low entry price. This AIG Life Insurance Review might be a big help!
- AIG Life Insurance Info
- Pros and Cons of AIG Life Insurance
- AIG life insurance rates
- Factors that affect you rates with AIG
- How to get a quote from AIG life insurance
- AIG’s life insurance policies are issued by American General
- AIG offers term and permanent life insurance
- Does AIG offer burial insurance?
- AIG offers 6 riders to customize your coverage
- Life insurance from AIG has gotten a mixed of ratings.
- How AIG stacks up against other insurers
- Compare life insurance companies like AIG
- AIG finances
AIG Life Insurance Info
- Policies. Term, Whole, Universal, Quality of Life, Permanent, Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Insurance, Accidental Death Insurance
- Coverage maximum. $2,000,000
- Term lengths. 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 years
- Medical exam required. Depends on the policy
- Available states. All states except NY and MT
- Issue age. 20 – 85 years old
Pros and Cons of AIG Life Insurance
- Riders like the lifestyle income rider, which allows you to withdraw 10% of your policy’s face amount every year after the age of 85, are available.
- There are several universal life insurance plans to choose from, each with different features and investment risks.
- Claims clearance and payment takes a long time because of the lengthy claims procedure
- Underwriting guidelines that must be followed
AIG life insurance rates
One set of example rates for $500,000 20-year term life insurance for healthy men and women was obtained on AIG’s online quotation tool in the year of 2021. With all rates above average, AIG’s rates are higher than typical for a policy of this size and duration.
- Aged 20. Man $36.01 & Woman $28.63
- Aged 25. Man $36.01 & Woman $28.79
- Aged 30. Man $36.64 & Woman $30.29
- Aged 35. Man $42.66 & Woman $35.08
- Aged 40. Man $61.46 & Woman $47.50
- Aged 45. Man $95.71 & Woman $72.41
- Aged 50. Man $146.41 & Woman $108.60
- Aged 55. Man $246.21 & Woman $167.50
- Aged 60. Man $425.05 & Woman $292.60
- Aged 65. Man $458.49 & Woman $388.91
Factors that affect you rates with AIG
In order to calculate your rates, AIG considers a number of health-related factors. With AIG, you must be Preferred Plus-classified to obtain the highest prices, which includes meeting all of AIG’s standards.
- Blood pressure. Your blood pressure should be 140/85 until you’re 60 years old, and then it should be 150/85 beyond that.
- What the cholesterol-HDL connection looks like (good cholesterol). Your cholesterol must be less than 215 if the ratio of HDL to total cholesterol is less than 5.0. If your HDL to LDL cholesterol ratio is less than 4.5, your cholesterol should be under 290.
- Reputation is an important factor in driving behavior. You should be free of DUIs, suspensions, and dangerous driving convictions for at least seven years before applying for a license.
- The ancestors’ narrative. Nobody in your family must have a history of cancer or coronary artery disease before the age of 60. It’s not a problem until you’re 65 years old.
- Personal anecdotes to share with others. A cancer diagnosis or similar impairment may exclude someone under 60 years of age from receiving the discounted rates.
- Tobacco use is practiced. Cigarette abstinence must have been demonstrated for the previous five years in order to qualify.
- The ratio of a person’s height to weight is lopsided. 6ft men weighing between 137 and 217 pounds, for example, get the greatest fees.
How to get a quote from AIG life insurance
AIG Direct, in contrast to other AIG products, provides plans directly to customers over the internet or over the phone at (800) 254-4933.
- Go to AIG’s individual life insurance website and click Acquire A Quotation to get a quote for the policy you’re looking for.
- On the following page, enter your name, address, phone number, nicotine use, birth date, height, and weight. Click on the Get a Free Estimate link when you’re done.
- A representative from AIG will get in touch with you if you’d like a quote on life insurance.
AIG’s life insurance policies are issued by American General
American General Life Insurance, AIG’s parent company, provides the vast majority of AIG’s life insurance policies. After your paperwork is completed and your online account is formed, American General may take the place of AIG as your life insurance provider.
The United States Life Insurance Company, on the other hand, provides AIG coverage in New York City.
AIG offers term and permanent life insurance
AIG offers both term and permanent life insurance products. This company’s catalog offers the following items:
- Term life. AIG’s Select-A-Term term life insurance coverage offers protection for terms ranging from ten to thirty-five years, depending on the option selected. It is possible to convert your short-term health insurance policy to a long-term one before you turn 70.
- Existence in all places and times. It’s unusual for a company like AIG to provide seven distinct types of universal life insurance. These insurance plans provide premiums that are both flexible and affordable, as well as death benefits. By investing in a variety of portfolios, such as the S&P 500, you may build up cash worth over time.
- For the rest of my days. The insurer offers guaranteed-issue whole life insurance with coverage ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 for adults 50 to 85 years old.. Furthermore, it offers a guaranteed rate of return while also giving lifelong coverage with no need for medical checks.
Does AIG offer burial insurance?
Yes. For those aged 50 to 85, funeral insurance from AIG ranges from $5,000 to $25,000 in coverage. With this coverage, you won’t be required to have a physical examination or answer any health-related questions.
Unique among last-expenditure plans, AIG’s offer living benefits. It’s possible to borrow up to 50% of your death benefit if you’ve been informed you have a terminal illness.
AIG offers 6 riders to customize your coverage
Any coverage gaps can be filled with the following common riders:
- Accelerated death benefit rider. If your illness is terminal or chronic, you may be eligible for a tax-free lump sum payment. The estate’s estate benefit may entitle you to a monthly payment.
- An extra layer of protection in case of unavoidable demise. The death benefit is doubled if you die as a result of an accident.
- Rider who is under the age of 18. Throughout the policy’s duration, it provides $25,000 in coverage for your children, up to and including the age of 25.
- Wife of the biker. If you want greater coverage, you don’t have to purchase separate insurance for your spouse.
- Rider that protects you against financial loss in the event of an accident. If you wish to increase your insurance coverage, you are not required to get a medical exam.
- In this case, the rider is giving up his or her right to negotiate for a better deal. If you become permanently disabled, you will no longer be required to pay premiums on your insurance coverage.
Life insurance from AIG has gotten a mixed of ratings.
The BBB attributes the low star ratings to slow responses and issues with claim payouts. To be clear, these ratings apply to the entire company, not just life insurance.
TrustPilot user evaluation on AIG varies widely. Some complain about the company’s poor communication and excessive wait periods for claim payouts, while others commend the company’s knowledgeable account managers and dedicated customer service staff for their efforts. According to the J.D. Power 2020 Life Insurance Study, AIG received a customer satisfaction score of 742 out of 1,000, which was below average.
When it came to NAIC complaint scores in 2020, American General Life earned a score of 0.75, below the industry average of 1.00.
How AIG stacks up against other insurers
AIG has a wider range of policy options than other companies, including term life insurance that can last up to 35 years before becoming permanent life insurance, as well as seven different universal life options.
To be sure you’re getting the greatest deal, shop around for AIG’s recommended rates and compare them to those of other companies.
In addition, the company takes a long time to respond to several BBB complaints.
The premiums charged by AIG are equivalent to those of other insurers in the market. According to our sample rate comparisons, a healthy 30-year-old guy may receive a $250,000 term life insurance policy from AIG for $25.94.
Compare life insurance companies like AIG
Do you want to know how AIG’s benefits and coverage stack up against the competition? Tap the Compare box to get a side-by-by comparison of up to four businesses.
Despite AIG’s well-deserved reputation as a financially solid company, the company has recently been the subject of some unflattering press. An accounting controversy at American General in 2005 cost the company $1.6 billion in fines and tarnished the company’s reputation. Additionally, there was criticism surrounding the firm after the US government bailed it out with a $85 billion rescue package during the financial crisis of 2008.
Because of strategic adjustments and the sale of several operations, AIG has grown to be one of the world’s largest insurers. A strong financial position and loyalty to customers characterize the company’s current state.
You may check out our Aflac Life Insurance Review for more options.