In an effort to make life insurance more affordable and accessible, Ethos offers fee-free term life insurance policies. Within minutes, the company’s advanced algorithms allow it to deliver instantaneous rates and coverage.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for a long-term policy or have more complex needs, you will need to go elsewhere. Agent help from Ethos is not as extensive as from larger insurers. Many of Ethos’ competitors, on the other hand, do not give riders at all.
- Pros and Cons of Ethos Life Insurance
- Ethos life insurance rates
- What affects my rate with Ethos life insurance?
- How to get a quote from Ethos life insurance
- What types of life insurance coverage does Ethos offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Ethos life insurance reviews and complaints
Pros and Cons of Ethos Life Insurance
- Anti-terrorist measures
- Underwriting can be completed in a short period of time.
- We don’t charge anything.
- Riders are available to rent at a fee.
- You won’t be upsold or cross-sold anything, says Speedy.
- A doctor’s visit is out of the question.
- A solid financial foundation
- There is a lack of customer service.
- Cold and impersonal procedures are used to settle claims.
- New York City does not have one.
- There is a lack of information on education.
Ethos life insurance rates
We obtained 2021 sample prices from Ethos’ online quotation tool for a $500,000, 20-year term insurance policy for a healthy man and wife. It’s impossible to know how Ethos compares to the average cost of a policy with this size and length until you apply for a policy. Average costs are within Ethos’ stated limitations stated .’s limits.
- Age 20. Male $23 – $37, Female $17 – $30
- Age 25. Male $23 – $37, Female $17 – $30
- Age 30. Male $23 – $41, Female $18 – $32
- Age 35. Male $30 – $56, Female $27 – $45
- Age 40. Male $47 – $74, Female $36 – $53
- Age 45. Male $68 – $111, Female $49 – $76
- Age 50. Male $103 – $190, Female $73 – $135
- Age 55. Male $177 – $317, Female $116 – $207
What affects my rate with Ethos life insurance?
These aspects are taken into account by the insurer when making its underwriting decisions:
- Tobacco consumption. To get into the highest echelons of the program, there will be a five-year smoking prohibition.
- Age. If you are younger and healthier, you will pay less.
- Record of a driver’s license. In most cases, you’ll obtain a better bargain if you haven’t built up any severe traffic violations or DUIs recently.
- Health. Triglyceride levels, blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), as well as your family’s medical history are all taken into account by the insurance company when setting your premium.
- Occupation. Insurers charge more to insure loggers and firemen because of the hazards they face on the job.
- Lifestyle that puts your health at risk. Risk-takers who participate in extreme sports like skydiving or bungee jumping will have to pay a higher premium for their insurance.
- Drugs and alcohol are intertwined. Having a history of alcohol or drug misuse will prevent you from receiving the best possible offer.
How to get a quote from Ethos life insurance
Ethos, a fintech firm, allows you to apply for life insurance.
- Begin by clicking on Check My Price on Ethos’ home page.
- Before you can advance, you’ll need to provide some personal information, such as your gender, nicotine use, health condition, location, and birthday.
- After that, you can find out how much it will cost by clicking on Get a Quote.
- After that, you’ll be presented with a variety of estimates and suggestions for your next move. If you’re ready to purchase insurance, click on Select Exact Coverage.
- After that, you’ll be free to make adjustments to the scope and length of your insurance coverage as you see fit. Next, you’ll want to select “Apply Now.”
- Applicants must provide further information about their health and lifestyle, as well as their financial standing. Upon completion of the application, you will be asked for payment details to finalize the purchase of insurance.
What types of life insurance coverage does Ethos offer?
There are now three various levels of Ethos coverage available: basic, intermediate, and comprehensive.
- Term life insurance. Anyone between the ages of 18 and 75 is eligible for this insurance, which gives coverage for 10, fifteen, twenty, or thirty years, depending on your smoking status and age. With the insurance company, you may choose from $25,000 to $10 million in coverage. But bear in mind that coverage beyond $1 million may require you to undergo medical testing.
- Simplified Term Life insurance. As much as feasible, the procedure of issuing term life insurance should be made as straightforward as possible. Without a medical examination, anyone between the ages of 20 and 70 can obtain this insurance. It is possible to purchase coverage ranging from $50,000 to $500,000, and if you like, you may renew it at the end of the term.
- Whole life insurance with a guaranteed issue. Because Ethos does not need a health questionnaire or a medical exam for its only permanent insurance policy, it is risk-free for clients who choose to acquire the policy. Benefits for seniors 65 and above may range from $10,000 to $25,000 per year. The insurer offers a variety of payment alternatives with a rising cash value component for those who want to pay off their coverage sooner rather than later.
What riders can I add to my policy?
If you have a policy that enables it, you may be able to take advantage of these options.
- Riders gain from a faster death. A terminal illness may qualify you for a portion of your death benefit if you’ve been diagnosed.
- It’s a young rider. You can save money by obtaining insurance coverage for all of your eligible children on your current policy.
- Those who ride benefit from a serious illness. This payment will be made in the event of a long-term illness, such as a stroke.
Ethos life insurance reviews and complaints
It hasn’t been accredited by the BBB, but Trustpilot, a consumer review site, has given it an excellent rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Several customers claimed that the startup’s price and online application process took significantly longer than promised.
125 years old life insurance firm Assurity Insurance Company is Ethos’ partner in this and other ventures. Since 1992, the Better Business Bureau has awarded it an A+ grade for its operations and customer satisfaction. With an A- (Excellent) rating from AM Best, Assurity has adequate cash on hand to pay out claims.
Visit our review of Combined Life Insurance Review for one more insurance review.