Ladder‘s streamlined website, on-the-spot underwriting, and policies with no additional expenses make it a unique life insurance company. For those who qualify, you may buy insurance online in a matter of minutes thanks to the use of complicated algorithms. Unlike its rivals, Ladder doesn’t charge fees or commissions and provides insurance online.
Life insurance may be included into your overall financial strategy with this policy because it provides up to $8 million in coverage and does not need you to apply for a new policy. If you have $3 million in coverage, you can skip the medical test altogether.
But not everyone can enjoy it. If you are apprehensive about handling your insurance online, this may not be the ideal option for you. It’s also impossible to expand the policy or make it a permanent one in the future.
- Pros and Cons Ladder Life Insurance
- Ladder life insurance rates
- Ladder life insurance does not provide 20-year durations at all ages.
- Factors that affect your rate
- How to get a quote from Ladder life insurance
- Ladder only offers term life — adjustable
- Ladder doesn’t offer riders
- Ladder life insurance reviews are mostly positive
Pros and Cons Ladder Life Insurance
- Widespread attention $8 million is the upper limit
- An underwriting decision is made within minutes of submitting an application.
- You won’t be charged anything more if you make changes to your coverage online.
- Coverage comes with no add-ons or riders.
- Between the ages of 20 and 60, individuals are eligible for the scholarship program.
- Assistance by phone or online chat is available. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through
- Friday It’s only PT that’s on offer.
- Education materials available on site are minimal.
Ladder life insurance rates
Using Ladders’ online quote tool, we were able to get 2021 examples of quotes for a $500,000, 20-year term life insurance for a healthy male and female. Until the age of 45, Ladder’s rates are lower than the average for this coverage size and term duration; individuals 45 and older may pay more than the average.
- Age 20. Male $21.47, Female $17.78
- Age 25. Male $21.47, Female $18.72
- Age 30. Male $21.47, Female $18.72
- Age 35. Male $22.59, Female $19.84
- Age 40. Male $31.07, Female $27.15
- Age 45. Male $59.96, Female $47.69
- Age 50. Male $88.56, Female $65.93
Ladder life insurance does not provide 20-year durations at all ages.
During the Ladder quotation process, we realized that 20-year periods are not available for customers ages 55 to 60. To qualify for a $500,000 life insurance policy, a person must be at least 55 years old; those at least 60 years old can only select a policy with a 10-year term.
Most competitors allow customers to pick a 20-year term until they reach the age of 60. In other words, if you want a 20-year term coverage but are over the age restriction for Ladder, you’ll have to find another provider.
Factors that affect your rate
Life insurance companies use the same underwriting criteria as other insurers, such as:
- Tobacco use. If you’ve used tobacco in the previous three years, Ladder wants to know about it. If you’ve never smoked or haven’t smoked in the previous three years, your insurance rate will be cheaper.
- Age. Candidates who are younger and healthier are more likely to pay lower rates.
- Driving record. If you haven’t had any major traffic violations or DUIs recently, you might expect a lower premium.
- Health. If you have a family history of heart disease or stroke or diabetes, you’re more likely to have an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Occupation. Rates are often greater for those who work in dangerous areas.
- Hobbies. Ladder has an unfavorable view of daredevils, such as skydivers and hang-gliders.
- Drugs and alcohol. If you want to save money on your insurance, you must not have previously sought treatment for drug addiction.
How to get a quote from Ladder life insurance
Ladder delivers one of the most simple quote tools available on the market today. An insurance quote may be generated in less than five minutes.
- Get started by clicking the Get Started button on the Ladder website.
- You’ll be asked to select the quantity of coverage you want and the length of the contract. Then, click the Next button to continue.
- Do not hesitate to answer questions about your health, money, hobbies and drug use.
- Your home address, email address, phone number, and Social Security number should be provided.
- Once your identification has been verified and your application has been submitted, you will receive an immediate response.
- Your coverage will begin as soon as payment information is entered if you’ve been accepted for insurance.
- Your insurance may be accessed via an online account, where you can easily change the amount of coverage and update personal and payment information.
Ladder only offers term life — adjustable
Customers between the ages of 20 and 60 are eligible for Ladder’s term life insurance, which provides coverage ranging from $100,000 to $8 million. When it comes to life insurance, a ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty-five, or thirty-year term policy is the most basic and least expensive option. For the duration of the insurance, the premium will not vary unless you modify the amount of coverage. The medical exam is also not required for policies with a limit of $3 million or less. Otherwise, you may be obliged to undergo a medical checkup in your own home.
The Ladder insurance company has a feature that allows you to adjust your policy’s coverage level after you’ve signed up for it. Whether you’ve paid off your mortgage or welcomed a new child, you can be certain that your insurance coverage will stay suitable as your circumstances change.
If you want to lower your coverage, you don’t need to apply for a new policy. If you log in to your Ladder account online and cancel your insurance, your monthly payment will be decreased accordingly. The only way to increase your coverage is to apply for more coverage. If you are accepted, the increased coverage amount will be reflected in your monthly premiums.
As a customer of Ladder, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee and the option of canceling at any moment.
Ladder doesn’t offer riders
Ladder does not allow customers to customize their term life coverage with riders, unlike other insurers. A rider might hinder the process because the service relies on algorithms to deliver quick quotes. You’ll have to go elsewhere if you want to add riders to your policy.
Ladder life insurance reviews are mostly positive
For a tiny business, Ladder does not have a BBB rating or certification. Trustpilot has given this company a 4.8 out of 5 star rating based on over 1,600 customer reviews. Customers like the ease of signing up, the affordable prices, and the speedy service.
At the time of this writing, there were just a few unfavorable reviews, however one reviewer highlighted bait and switch practices and another said his final rate was double what he was charged.
An A+ grade from AM Best is given to Ladder’s insurance carrier partners, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America and Allianz Life of New York. Ladder’s financial soundness and capacity to pay out claims have been confirmed by this development.
Visit our review of Knights of Columbus Life Insurance Review for one more insurance review.