North American Life Insurance employs age, gender, and coverage amount as the primary factors in determining the pricing of a policy. For a better idea of how much you’ll have to pay for underwriting, check out the classes and criteria for each.
- Pros and Cons
- What affects my rate with North American
- How to get a quote from North American life insurance
- What types of life insurance coverage does North American offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- North American life insurance reviews and complaints
Pros and Cons
- A single family owns and operates this business.
- In terms of money, things are steady.
- An online form is not required for this.
- Consumer reviews on the internet are few.
What affects my rate with North American
In North America, there is a low-cost preferred non-smoker class. In order to qualify, you must meet the following health requirements:
- Tobacco and nicotine-based products will be banned for three years.
- Until the age of 60, no one in the family has died of coronary artery disease or cancer.
- Prevent hypertension by maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
- Achieve a high level of cholesterol.
- There is no history of heart disease, diabetes, or cancer in your family.
- Ten years ago, there was no evidence of drug or alcohol usage in the family.
- Alcohol-related driving and other offenses are not permitted on the road.
- Maintain a healthy weight based on your height.
How to get a quote from North American life insurance
Term life insurance quotes are available online in the United States, but you’ll need to speak with an agent to apply for coverage.
- Get a free term insurance quotation by clicking on Get a Free Term Quote in the Life Insurance section of the website.
- In order to be insured under term insurance, please fill out the form below.
- Submit your information by clicking on the Submit button to see your term life insurance options.
What types of life insurance coverage does North American offer?
There are several different kinds of life insurance to pick from, including:
- Long-term care. Term insurance without extra benefits, a simplified non-convertible term policy with a $100,000 minimum benefit, and a simplified issue policy that does not need a medical exam are all included. A free expedited death benefit rider is also offered by North American.
- Existence in all places and times. Insurance and interest discounts are available if the cost of the policy is less than what you’re paying or if interest rates climb above the rate you chose. After six years of premium payments, you may be eligible for a zero percent loan.
- There is a 100% chance of eternal existence. Many low-cost plans are offered from North American, including one with accelerated benefit riders that can cost as little as $25,000 and a face value as low as $100,000.
- Life has been cataloged and indexed. Decide whether or not you want to take on more risk in order to get more in terms of financial worth, or whether you prefer a guaranteed premium so that you may leave something behind for your companion in the event of your death.
What riders can I add to my policy?
With North American, you can customize your life insurance policy with a wide range of optional add-ons.
- Accelerated death benefits riders. Up to 75% of your death benefit may be available if you are suffering from a chronic or terminal illness.
- Rider who is still a child. If one of your children dies while your policy is still in effect, you’ll get a small death benefit to help with funeral costs if that child’s death is covered under your policy.
- Rider that ensures you’ll be insured no matter what happens. No medical exam or other proof of insurability is required before you may receive additional insurance.
- Rider for policy with split option. Two distinct rules for surviving spouses are possible. In order to prove your insurability, you will need to undergo a medical examination. In the event of divorce or the closure of a business, you don’t need to produce proof of insurance to get a divorce settlement.
- The premium rider is coming back. When your term life insurance policy expires, you’ll get your money back.
- Rider waiving the right to a higher price. Insurance premiums are eliminated if you are completely disabled and unable to work for more than six months.
North American life insurance reviews and complaints
North American is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has an A+ rating. During the past three years, 13 complaints have been filed against the company, seven of which have been handled in the past year. For a corporation of this size, this is a very modest sum.
Customer complaints and reviews are few and far between outside of the BBB, but most customers report a favorable experience with the exception of a few claims that take longer than expected to resolve. AM A+ is the highest possible financial rating that may be achieved.
Checkout our review of New York Life Insurance Review for another insurance review.