Your issues and concerns may be answered here in our Securian Financial Life Insurance Review.
Securian Financial Life Insurance’s policies are in accordance with expectations, and you may access your account information online. Even if you have a life insurance policy that doesn’t offer an online form, your loved ones can still get the death benefit. The organization, which has been in business for more than 140 years, has a lot of experience and information to draw from.
However, Securian’s BBB and JD Power business ratings fall short of those of its competitors.
- Securian Financial life insurance rates
- What affects my rate with Securian Financial
- How do I get a quote for Securian Financial life insurance?
- What types of life insurance coverage does Securian Financial offer?
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- Securian Financial life insurance reviews and complaints
- About Securian
Securian Financial life insurance rates
How much Securian insurance you need and what sort of coverage it includes will decide how much it costs to insure your home or business. Monthly premiums for term life insurance can range from $50 to $150 per month, while those for whole life insurance can range from $250 to $1,000.
What affects my rate with Securian Financial
The following factors influence life insurance premiums:
- Health in general
- The use of tobacco and alcohol
- Work and pastimes
- Policy type and entrants
- Amount of protection
How do I get a quote for Securian Financial life insurance?
Life insurance can be purchased online, via phone, or with the help of a financial advisor.
To join, please complete the following steps:
- Go to Products & Services on the Securian home page and click on the insurance policy you’re interested in learning more about.
- Alternatively, dial 877-491-5271 and talk with a representative on the right.
- Name, age, country of residence, and preferred method of contact are required pieces of personal information that we’ll need to get in touch with you.
- You can ask any questions at the bottom of the form and then press Send.
- Contact an insurance representative to learn more about your options.
- Once all the paperwork is signed and the final payment is made, it is time to begin your insurance policy.
What types of life insurance coverage does Securian Financial offer?
Securian Financial offers a variety of insurance plans to fit a variety of requirements and lifestyles. In the following list, you will find only a few examples:
- Term life. A time period of between 10 and 30 years is required for these restrictions to take effect. Securian’s term policy can be converted to permanent life insurance when the term ends.
- Term life in a group. As a benefit or cost-sharing agreement, businesses may provide their workers group term plans.
- The entirety of your life. There are several types of long-term life insurance plans available, including those that feature investment growth as well as protection. This assures that your assets increase at the same rate every year.
- Universal. Investing in a long-term life insurance policy provides a higher return on investment and allows you to modify your coverage to meet your changing needs throughout your life. Fixed, indexing, and variable universal policies are available.
What riders can I add to my policy?
There are a variety of add-on options to pick from when you purchase Securian insurance.
- Accelerated death benefit. Some of your policy’s death benefit can be used to pay the costs of long-term or terminal illnesses. Your estate’s eventual distribution will be reduced by whatever money you spend now.
- A rider under the age of 18 years old. Without needing a separate insurance, this plan provides a death benefit if your child dies.
- Term life insurance. If you’re unable to care for yourself, several insurance plans will pay for your care at home or in a nursing facility.
- A rider family together. This insurance coverage provides a death benefit in the case of your spouse’s death, without the need for a separate policy.
- Passenger agreeing to a lower price. Premiums are not required if you are disabled, unwell, or injured catastrophically.
Numerous firms have access to the following rider options, despite the fact that Securian does not mention them on its website:
- Spouse. Some policies let you include your spouse as an additional insured for a price.
- Dependent. Some insurance policies may include coverage for dependents such as children, handicapped adults, or elderly parents in your care.
- Waiver of premiums. If you are unable to work because of a disability, many companies provide this rider. In the meanwhile, you will not have to pay a premium for your insurance.
Securian Financial life insurance reviews and complaints
The Better Business Bureau has given Securian Financial a B+ rating as of October 2020. Minnesota Life, a subsidiary company of Securian, was recently relaunched under the Securian name. There have been over 29 complaints against Securian’s invoicing and customer service, with the company’s BBB rating of a D-.
Similarly, the J.D. Power 2020 US Life Insurance Study awarded Securian a low rating.
Complaint index data from the NAIC for 2019 shows Securian with a 1.13 rating. It appears that this company receives a lesser number of complaints than the industry average.
The Securian Financial name was taken by Minnesota Life in 2018 from its parent company. It’s in both companies’ best interests to unite their brands and messaging.
Securian Financial will be sending letters to former Minnesota Life customers instead of Minnesota Life. Your company’s essential structure and ideals will remain unchanged, though.
Check out and compare it in our SBLI Life Insurance Review.