The Hartford Life Insurance is a well-known brand in the insurance industry with a lengthy history. The low number of complaints also demonstrates the company’s trustworthiness and satisfaction with its clients. The Hartford’s term life insurance plans, on the other hand, include more complementary services than those offered by other insurance companies. A Hartford Life Insurance Review might help you make a decision.
In the absence of an employer-sponsored life insurance plan, employees who need additional life insurance are out of luck. Additionally, The Hartford isn’t a viable alternative for individuals who want to develop their savings or invest in life insurance policies that will last for decades.
- Pros and Cons
- What affects my rate with The Hartford
- How to get a quote from The Hartford life insurance
- Types of life insurance coverage does The Hartford offer
- What riders can I add to my policy?
- The Hartford life insurance reviews and complaints
Pros and Cons
- A grouping of related items and services
- An expert in the field with a wealth of experience
- You may carry these policies with you everywhere you go.
- Only a small percentage of customers are dissatisfied
- There aren’t any rules of thumb to be followed here.
- Term life insurance is the sole option.
What affects my rate with The Hartford
Term life insurance premiums run from $50 to $150 a month, depending on the type of coverage you choose. In contrast, your premiums will be influenced by factors like as:
- How old are you, exactly?
- In terms of your physical health, this includes things like your height, weight and blood pressure.
- Smoking and drinking are examples of harmful habits.
- A life of work and play
- How many words in a phrase
How to get a quote from The Hartford life insurance
To get life insurance from The Hartford, you must do it via your employer. As a general rule, the method will look like this:
- Your employer should be able to tell you about your company’s insurance policy, including coverage and estimated expenses.
- Consider the benefits and if you have any questions, go to your employer’s benefits manager. Please call 800-523-2233 for policy-related inquiries if everything else fails.
- It’s your decision whether or not to take advantage of any further benefits.
- Your preferred mode of payment (if available) will be requested and you’ll be sent to the payment page. If you don’t submit your documentation on time, you will miss the deadline.
- Invest in life insurance early on.
Types of life insurance coverage does The Hartford offer
The Hartford specializes in term group life insurance policies with a $250,000 death benefit. This policy type provides life insurance for a predetermined period of time, such as 20 years. Workers must obtain this insurance via their employer in order to be covered under an employer-sponsored policy.
What riders can I add to my policy?
Many benefits and riders are offered by Hartford to employers, including valuable coverage for dependents.
- Accelerated death benefit rider. The death benefit might be paid out more quickly if you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Supplemental life insurance coverage in the event of an accident. An employee’s family may be entitled to further compensation if they or their loved ones are wounded or killed as a consequence of an accident at work.
- A rider under the age of 18 years old. You can get up to $15,000 from this rider if a child named on the insurance policy dies.
- A rider to assist with the changeover. You can convert your term life insurance to a permanent policy within a particular time frame.
- Riders for portability and ease of movement. You can keep your group benefits coverage even if you change employment.
- A spouse of a rider. Up to 100 percent of a spouse’s death benefit can be received by employees who have this rider.
- Passenger agreeing to a lower price. Because of a handicap, an employee’s premiums may be waived while they are still covered.
In addition to these riders, The Hartford’s policies provide a variety of additional extras:
- Funeral planning and concierge. Hartford workers have access to options for foreclosure planning. Funeral arrangements for a deceased insured are also handled by this department.
- Counseling that will benefit you. In addition to providing emotional support, the organization’s counselors also address any legal or financial issues that may arise as a result of the loss.
- Writing one’s will is a difficult task. The Hartford’s ComPsych Corporation offers an online will-writing service. Legal assistance can be obtained through the internet if necessary.
- Travel help and identity protection services are included. If you become lost on the route to your destination, you can acquire pre-trip information from the travel assistance or medical assistance. To qualify for medical assistance, a trip must be at least 100 miles from home and not exceed 90 days in length.
The Hartford life insurance reviews and complaints
Hartford Life and Annuity Insurance Company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) as of October 2020. This company is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. In the last year, 115 concerns were handled. Following billing issues, complaints concerning The Hartford’s insurance policies are the most common.
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners 2019 complaint index awarded Hartford Life a score of 0.32 out of 1.00, putting the complaints into context. A value of 1.00 indicates that Hartford is considerably below the national average in terms of customer dissatisfaction.
An A (Excellent) financial rating from AM Best in 2019 shows Hartford Life’s strength and stability.
You may check out our State Farm Life Insurance Review.